Dinner Celebrations: New Shanghai

So a few days ago, we had a general celebration for my brother - because, well, who doesn't want to treat themselves? New Shanghai is a fine Asian restaurant that we frequent regularly - and when I mean regularly I mean regularly (there was a period of time in which that was all we ate) and the quality never fails. In a nutshell - the dumplings are fresh and hot - steamed or fried to your choosing, your tea is served at a drinkable temperature and the vegetables are actually edible. On top of that, they take you back into Little (asian) Paris, with cobblestone floor, red flags, wicker baskets and bicycles.  

The service is reasonable and there is a line, but it's worth the wait and won't murder you're wallet. I've had nearly everything on the menu and it's satisfactory. My only gripe is the fact that some of the flavours have been dialed back a bit to cater for a wider audience, and some of the ingredients are missing (chili where are you?) but that's it. If you like Asian food, atmosphere and a good time, you will love this place

LC

one of the winter specials - tofu and mushrooms aka why can't I have you everyday?

pork and chive dumplings - a staple


classic pan fried pork dumplings

  
fresh Xiao Long Bao

pork and rice cake stirfry

New Shanghai Chinese Restaurant on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Fellow Bloggers

About

I am a girl, last time I checked. I love food, friends and family and sports that involve orange balls with lines with back boards. I'm arty and have a hate-hate relationship with math.
I live under a rock, don't have a phone and am down right crazy awesome.

I go to bed at 8 and like my sleep. ♥

Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching. - Randall G Leighton