Cookies!


Just look at that photo - courtesy of my dear friend. Choc chip cookies are the best, I can feel my mouth watering already. So in honour of this amazing photo, here is my choc chip recipe, it might be similar to the Jacques Torres method. But hey - a choc chip recipe should be shared.

Ingredients: 
460 grams softened unsalted butter 
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar 
2 1/4 cups light-brown sugar 
4 large eggs 
3 cups plus 2 tablespoons pastry flour 
3 cups bread flour 
1 tablespoon salt 
2 teaspoons baking powder 
2 teaspoons baking soda 
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract 
At LEAST 700 grams semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick silicone baking mats and place aside.
2. Cream together butter and sugars in a mixer. Slowly add eggs, one at a time. Mix well. Reduce speed to low and add both flours, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and chocolate; mix until well combined and a doughy consistency.
3. Scoop the cookie dough with an ice cream scoop and place onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake until lightly browned, but still soft, for about 15 - 20 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Enjoy!

Seriously these cookies are to DIE for. And I shall be making them on Saturday!
LC

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Fellow Bloggers

About

I am a girl, last time I checked. I love food, friends and family and sports that involve orange balls with lines with back boards. I'm arty and have a hate-hate relationship with math.
I live under a rock, don't have a phone and am down right crazy awesome.

I go to bed at 8 and like my sleep. ♥

Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching. - Randall G Leighton