Canberra

Just got back from Canberra last night. A whirlwind trip of six places in 36 hours. Sound and Film Archive, Parliament House, Museum of Democracy, Canberra Art Gallery Reconciliation Place and the War Memorial. 

I'd like to say that the weather was lovely. Freezing cold, but lovely. The sky has never been so blue and cloudless. And I must say that I've had some of the most fun I've had this year was on this camp, not because of the places we went to, but the company that was with me. And even though we didn't stay up late, we had heaps of fun, talked heaps and made ourselves feel warm and fuzzy.  

The poppies at the war memorial. Because no one close to us died in the war, we bought plastic poppies and placed them near lonely, seemingly forgotten soldiers. Lest we forget. 

Me in my three jackets and one jumper. Very warm indeed.

Parliament house welcome point. 


A bus with some attitude. 

What happens when you but a bunch of history buffs in room 300 in Canberra...



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Fellow Bloggers

About

I am a girl, last time I checked. I love food, friends and family and sports that involve orange balls with lines with back boards. I'm arty and have a hate-hate relationship with math.
I live under a rock, don't have a phone and am down right crazy awesome.

I go to bed at 8 and like my sleep. ♥

Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching. - Randall G Leighton