Recipe: Strawberry and Lemon Pudding Cheat

I love dessert. But I'm lazy. And I'm really bad at cooking classy desserts (that I really want to try...like really really). And I make a HUGE mess of things. Like everything. But I love this pudding, cause not only does it have strawberries in it (I'm a sucker for strawberries), it goes under the name of pudding, making it sound posh and well...posh. Here is goes!

it looks better and tastes better than the photo

You will need:
a packet of sponge fingers
1 large lemon 
at LEAST punnet of strawberries, you can add other berries if you like - the call it a 'summer' pudding
a small can of condensed milk or you can use custard, whatever floats your boat
a tad of vanilla essence
150g of fat free yoghurt
5 tablespoons of brown sugar

the steps of impending doom!
1. Preheat the oven to a 180 degrees Celsius. 
2. In a baking dish lay the sponge fingers into a single layer in the bottom. 
3. Zest the lemon and squeeze the juice over the top of the sponge fingers. Watch out for the seeds.
4. Cut strawberries in a bowl and add the tad of vanilla essence so it can infuse. Chuck half of them on top of the strawberries.
5. Combine the condensed milk with the yogurt and pour over the dish.
6. Add the other half of the strawberries that you may or may not have saved. Sprinkle the top with brown sugar.
7. Place the dish in the oven and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the sugar caramelizes. 
8. You can eat this in a few ways, hot, with ice cream or cream or something, or cold, on a picnic avec champagne if you're just that tiny bit fancy...

AND ENJOY.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Fellow Bloggers

About

I am a girl, last time I checked. I love food, friends and family and sports that involve orange balls with lines with back boards. I'm arty and have a hate-hate relationship with math.
I live under a rock, don't have a phone and am down right crazy awesome.

I go to bed at 8 and like my sleep. ♥

Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching. - Randall G Leighton